Have chronic cough. Could it be due to post nasal drip?

I get the same chronic cough at different times each year. For example, one year I had it in October, another XXXXXXX and this year February/March. I feel fine in terms of functionality and it doesn't disturb my sleep. I think it's due to post nasal drip due to allergies although I am not certain. Any advice on how I can ameliorate the symptoms?
Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You ought to have a physical examination by your doctor - Post-nasal drip or asthma can be easily diagnosed.
Some work-up like blood count / X-ray chest and sinus will clarify.
Spirometry (Lung function) / blood test for allergens may be needed in a few.

Proper treatment demand proper diagnosis. Proper diagnosis needs physical examination and/or tests.

See your doctor. In the mean time, you can try anti-histamine and/or nasal decongestants - available over the counter.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck