Have chronic constipation. Polypectomy shows sessile serrated adenoma. Reason? No family history of colon cancer

Urgant please help

I am 27 and having chronic constipation so they did a colonoscopy. they found no inflammatory bowel disease. no celiec and the EGD found nothing BUT
they had to do a my acending colon

the doctors found a 0.7x0.4x0.2 cm sessile serrated adenoma.
I am VERY scared.
why would a 27 year old girl have a precancerious polyp? they only found 1 but im extremely scared. someone told me about some kind of genetic colon cancer that runs in families :( but nobody in my family has had colon cancer. I can only trace the family medical history back to my great grandparents though

please help
I have enough going on I don't want to be scared about this too
Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 days later

Polypoid lesions in the intestines are usually seen in young individuals. The histological feature is what very important in understanding the prognosis.

Since its an adenoma, I agree with you that it is a precancerous lesion but you also mention that there is no strong family history about the intestinal cancers then there is no need to worry. With no family history positive the chances of you developing cancer is very less.

Constipation you had could be due to constitutional causes. You may have top alter your diet type, increase fiber content of take fiber supplement like Psyllium husk to get rid of the constipation.

Hope, I answered your query.