Have chronic cervical strain with disk c5-6 and a full rotater calf injury. Getting vision problem. Connected?

Dec 2012

i have chronic cervical strain with her. disk c5-6 and a full rotater cuf injury shorty after i started having eye problems
very suttle vision change now i have a macular pucker and vetris hemorrhage small amount of bleeding my age is 50
no smoke dring bp 120/80 blood test ok is this from trauma?
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 44 minutes later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

It is very likely that your vitreous hemorrhage (extravasation, or leakage, of blood into the areas in and around the vitreous humor of the eye) and macular pucker (scar tissue that has formed on the eye's macula, which is located in the center of the eye's retina) could be as a result of trauma given the notion of injury that you had. Other causes that need to be looked into are diabetic retinopathy (but requires that you need to have been a long-term diabetic patient and screening might be necessary), retinal tear or detachment, age-related macular degeneration and others. You need to consult an ophthalmologist or optomitrist who can give you adequate treatment. Treatment mostly depends on the cause of the hemorrhage. Laser treatment or cryotherapy for retinal tear are the treatments of choice.

Hope this helps
Dr. Bernard
Follow-up: Have chronic cervical strain with disk c5-6 and a full rotater calf injury. Getting vision problem. Connected? 9 hours later
Im not diabetic my bps is 120/80 I'm 6' 215 lbs I walk 2 miles almost every day don't
Eat fast foods. I went to the ophth. And opt. And was told I have macular pucker from
Vitreous hemorrhage. I hade 2 auto accidents head on and rear end with in 9 months
Apart both not my fault soon after I started having vision problems and floaters
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 34 minutes later

Thanks for updating,

Then it is clear that the cause of your vitreous hemorrhage is traumatic. The opthalmologist will be the one to decide which treatment option is best for you.

Do you have any further questions?

Hope you are satisfied.

Dr. Nsah