Have chronic MRSA around feeding tube, loose stool. Possibility of spreading MRSA to digestive tract?

Jan 2013

I have chronic MRSA around my feeding tube, but recently I have had loose XXXXXXX stool with cramping. The MRSA is not in my blood or in digestive tract yet, as far as i know it is just around my skin. I was wondering though if the XXXXXXX stool means that it could mean the MRSA has spread to my digestive tract?
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 2 hours later
A) Do you have fever?
B) Type of feeding tube whether PEG tube/ Ryles tube.
C) There can be many reasons why stool appears to be XXXXXXX The first and most obvious reason is eating XXXXXXX foods. XXXXXXX leafy vegetables contain chlorophyll, which could be coloring the stool XXXXXXX
D) XXXXXXX colour stool indicate infection with Pseudomonas Aeruginosa infection. Pseudomonas Aeruginosa infection may also cause cramps in abdomen but it is life threatening.
E) MRSA doesn't causes XXXXXXX colored stool.
F) Rapid transit in intestine may also cause XXXXXXX color stool because of exceesive bile.
I think this will solve your query.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Have chronic MRSA around feeding tube, loose stool. Possibility of spreading MRSA to digestive tract? 34 minutes later
I do not have a fever,the tube is a mic-key button GJ tube, I have not eaten XXXXXXX food lately, I have had pseudomonas infections with the MRSA. I have gone to the bathroom 5 times today. do you think it is serious?
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 7 minutes later
This showed that you have rapid intestinal transit and XXXXXXX color due to bile
You should consult with Gsatro-physician in detail.
Dr. Mayank