Have chlamydia, also showed yeast. On Z pack. Abdomen pain and burns while urinating. What could this be?

i was tested positive for chlamydia and was treated. 13 days ago for it. It also showed yeast. I was prescribed a z pack and another anti biotic I have not have sex since I found out . I showed no sympyoms before beong treated but not I have amdominal pain and it Burns when urinating I also have some vaginal discharge... what could this be? !?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Presence of burning during micturition and pain in the abdomen after being treated for a vaginal infection is likely to be due to a urinary infection.
Not to worry, as it is not something which is untreatable or life threatening, but you need a prompt medical attention to address this issue of your's to confirm it. Kindly visit a Gynecologist, so that he/she may do a physical assessment and suggest few tests like Bloodwork, Urinalysis, Urine Culture or Ultrasound abdomen to rule out Urinary infection, to authenticate his/her clinical findings.

Your treatment plan will be formulated accordingly after confirmation. Antibiotics are the typical treatment for a UTI.
Some measures which can help you:
1)Drink lots of water.

2)Empty the bladder completely as soon as you feel the urge to urinate.

3)Pass the urine before and after intercourse.

4)Wear loose cotton undergarments and wash them in antiseptic solution.

5)Take Cranberry juice as it inhibits bladder infection.

6)Take Vitamin C tablet Celin once a day for few months. It will help in increasing your immunity.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.