Have chills accompanied with sweating. Started after hernia surgery. What is the cause?
User rating for this question
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hypoglycemia. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. This seems to be due to hypoglycemia(Low blood sugar). There is impairment in the levels of blood sugar in a pre-diabetic due to high insulin resistance. This also happens when your energy intake is less then energy expenditure. I advise for your problem is - Adequate intake of calories depending on your energy expenditure. (Exercise, day to day activities and work). - Frequent small meal to maintain good blood sugar levels to prevent hypoglycemia. - Check your blood sugar regularly. - Get your basic blood tests done including vitamin levels like folic acid, vitamin B12, vitamin D levels, etc. Your treating doctor may consider Metformin to help reduce insulin resistance and weight. Hope the answer helps your. Let me know it there is any further clarifications. Regards.
Follow-up: Have chills accompanied with sweating. Started after hernia surgery. What is the cause? 20 hours later
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Welcome. Detailed Answer: Hello, You're most welcome. Regards.
People also viewed
- Newborn baby lip trembles
- Hiatal hernia chills cyanosis
- Laxopeg kids side effects
- Baby saliva that smells like vinegar
- Hernia fever chills
- Side effects of pus in kidneys
- Baby vomit leg rash
- What causes sweating chills headaches and shaking
- Baby has purple line on lower lip
- Kerosene side effects to the skin
- What causes chills after drinks
- Hernia recurrence after hernia surgery
- Montek kid tablets side effects
- Red lips in stillborn baby
- Side effects of montair kid