Have chills accompanied with sweating. Started after hernia surgery. What is the cause?
User rating for this question
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hypoglycemia. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. This seems to be due to hypoglycemia(Low blood sugar). There is impairment in the levels of blood sugar in a pre-diabetic due to high insulin resistance. This also happens when your energy intake is less then energy expenditure. I advise for your problem is - Adequate intake of calories depending on your energy expenditure. (Exercise, day to day activities and work). - Frequent small meal to maintain good blood sugar levels to prevent hypoglycemia. - Check your blood sugar regularly. - Get your basic blood tests done including vitamin levels like folic acid, vitamin B12, vitamin D levels, etc. Your treating doctor may consider Metformin to help reduce insulin resistance and weight. Hope the answer helps your. Let me know it there is any further clarifications. Regards.
Follow-up: Have chills accompanied with sweating. Started after hernia surgery. What is the cause? 20 hours later
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Welcome. Detailed Answer: Hello, You're most welcome. Regards.
People also viewed
- Is fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse a side effect of ms contin?
- Hiatal hernia chills cyanosis
- Symptoms of lpv tablets
- Hernia fever chills
- Is fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse a side effect of simbrinza?
- Is failure to discharge semen aggressive reaction a side effect of sertraline?
- Low potassium sleep walking
- Vyvanse and low wbc
- What causes sweating chills headaches and shaking
- Does subutex lower sperm
- Is blood in the urine or stools a side effect of omeprazole/sodium bicarbonate?
- What causes chills after drinks
- Is pain or discomfort in the arms, jaw, back, or neck a side effect of aleve?
- Hernia recurrence after hernia surgery
- Ttc lump in throat