Have chickungunya and taking diclofenac for severe pain in right leg. Could I have lamp leg soup?

I am 32yrs male have chickungunya. and having severe pain in right leg at toe area. I take 1 Diclofenac SR 75mg which reduces the pain and withstand for 2 days . And pain comes again. After that I take 1 tablet diclofenac pain left for 2-3days Again pain comes. What can I do? can i take Lamp leg soup for this.
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: you are on the right medicines Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, I have read your query diligently. I am sorry about the pain that you are currently suffering. Let me tell you this - Chikungunya is a type of viral fever. It is one fever which causes severe pain in the joints and muscles. This pain takes almost 6 months to go away completely. You must be aware of this; hence I am telling you this. The pain of Chikumgunya is very severe, debilitating, causing temporary disability to perform routine activities. Also, it take long time to go away as I mentioned earlier. You are on the right medications. Dicofenac SR is an excellent pain killer. You can continue to take it. However, please do not take it more as it can cause gastritis. I would suggest you to go on light exercises like walking or light jogging. This will help release strain in the joints and muscles. Also, light stretching exercises will help the muscles gain back their strength. Whatever you do, it will take 6 months for this pain to go away completely. I counsel all my patients regarding this, and ask them to take adequate rest as well. You should also take adequate rest, consume more fruits and fluids. You should be fine soon. I would not suggest you any additional medicines at this point. Get well soon.
Follow-up: Have chickungunya and taking diclofenac for severe pain in right leg. Could I have lamp leg soup? 54 minutes later
Can I take mutton leg soup for this?. and friends advice to go for siddha treatment whether u suggest for this treatment.? chloroquine is used for malaria. Can it be used for chickunkunya.?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes, you can take the soup Detailed Answer: Hi, Sorry, I forgot to mention about the mutton leg soup in my last reply. Yes, you can very well take it. It will help to strengthen your bones and joints. I am sorry; I am not aware of the effectiveness of siddha treatment as I do not practice it. No, Choloroquine cannot be used for treatment of Chikungunya. Hope this helps. Regards,