Have chicken pox. Can you suggest when can we plan for a baby and what vaccination do I need to take before conceiving?

Question
I have got chicken pox. Now its almost 1 and half month now. I was planning for a baby but due to chicken pox me and my husband thought , we will wait for some more time. Could you please suggest when can we plan for a baby and what all vacination do I need to take before conceiving ?

Thanks,
Simiran

Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 35 minutes later
Since you have already got chicken pox before pregnancy,then risk of complications is much less.You can plan the pregnancy after 3 months.Vaccine will not help you now since you already have had the disease.Your immunity will be passed on to the fetus.
There is no contraindication for planning the pregnancy in your recent future.

Follow-up: Have chicken pox. Can you suggest when can we plan for a baby and what vaccination do I need to take before conceiving? 3 hours later

Thank you for your promt reply.

Are there any chance of getting infected by shingles before pregenancy or during pregnancy and if yes what should I do ? ( I am 29 yr Old).

Also want to know , is there a chance of 90% that there will be rashes/aches on baby's skin because of my chicken pox ?

Thanks,
Simi

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 minutes later
Since you dont have the active infection,there should not be complications because of that.Very very rarely does re-infection occur.In case you get infected again during pregnancy,in the 1st trimester there may be some complications.But usually,once the infection has already occurred,one develops antibodies for the lifetime and doesnt get infected again.If there isnt any active infection,there shouldnt be any rashes etc on the baby.