Have chest tightness, fast heartbeat. Doppler test shows impaired LV relaxation. CT and stress test normal. Results due to PVC?

I had heart tests done all normal except the doppler shows impaired lv relaxation. I have chest tightness and fast hr in the morning especially. I thought it was panic disorder the doctors at er didnt seem too concerned but everywhere i read it doesnt seem like something i should dismiss. Could a pvc have caused this to show? I was having anxiety during the test. Im really worried about my heart. Had CT and stress test and ekg all norm but she wrote this off as norm too. I wouldnt have known if i didnt get a copy. EF rate is >55. And E/A ratio is .78
MV dec time is .21 sec
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rene Gerard Cruz Galera Jr 1 hour later
Hi XXXX! It's me again, thank you for the reports that you sent.

Everything seems to be in order except for the E/A ratio (the normal EF is above 55% - this is what you have). And as I answered in the previous thread, this may be due to your tachycardia (increased heart rate which may be due to the anxiety you were feeling) which causes a temporary impaired filling because the heart is not relaxed as much.

Don't worry about it too much. Just have it repeated in the next coming weeks and keep relaxed during the test so that we will get a clearer and much more accurate reading of your heart function.

Take care!

Dr. Galera
Follow-up: Have chest tightness, fast heartbeat. Doppler test shows impaired LV relaxation. CT and stress test normal. Results due to PVC? 37 minutes later
Thankyou, sorry my name is XXXXXXX is my husband. I have been very anxious over the last two weeks with severe panic. Will this improve if i just stop the panic? By the look of the results does my heart seem healthy?
Answered by Dr. Rene Gerard Cruz Galera Jr 35 minutes later
Hi! Sorry for that, XXXXXXX (we actually have similar first names! Mine is Rene).

Yes, based solely on this test, I can say that these are normal results that have been mildly affected by your increased heart rate. As I mentioned, for your peace of mind, I suggest that you have it repeated once you have your anxiety and panic attacks under control. This will help us make sure that this test was indeed influenced by your rapid heart rate and rule out any other heart problem (especially if you have longstanding hypertension).

So take a deep breath and relax.

Dr. Galera