Have chest tightness and breathing sounds is louder. What could be the cause?

HI Dr.

I just wanted to ask a quick question. My chest tightness and restriction is really going away, and almost gone. I just have this funny breathing. Like it kind of feels like it hurts in my airways to breath deep. Also it doesnt feel like same as before all this happened. It seems like I dont have much feeling of air moving in and out of my upper airway. My breath sounds feel like they are louder too.

Is that something that may normalize with time? I am just worried that I could have major scarring and its going to be like this the rest of my life.

Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are improving, that's good

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the follow up.

1. That you are symptomatically improving is a good sign and you should be happy about it.

2. At about 6 months from the last pft do a repeat pft.

3. A breathing discomfort type of feeling should go away gradually with time. Respiratory exercises / good chest physiotherapy exercises to increase the lung capacity will really help you. Incentive spirometry is a good option.

4. No major scarring has yet been picked up on ct tscan hence do not worry about that.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
Consultant Pulmonologist