Have chest tightening, low BP and tiredness. Have elevated liver enzymes and WBC in urine. On antibiotic. Suggest?

Jul 2016

Hi, I went to er last week with chest tightning low blood pressure and tiredness. chest xray came back ok, bloodwork ok except my gp noticed elevated liver enzymes also after urine sample she said it had lots of white blood cells in it saying i had a bad infection still feeling tired on day 10 of antibiotics but better what could it be?
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have
tiredness and an episode of Hypo tension.Your routine test carried out by your Physician revealed presence of plenty of WBC(Pus Cells) in microscopic examination of urine.

Presence of plenty pus cells is suggestive of acute Urologist for clinical assessment and get following basic investigations done under his guidance to help in diagnosis.
1) Routine Urine Test and Haemogram.
2) Urine Culture and sensitivity to find out the organisms causing the infection and the antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.
3) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen to find out any urinary stone or pathology either in kidney ,ureter or bladder.

In the mean while please take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefotaxime along with urinary antiseptic Nitrofurantoin twice daily for a 2-3 days and switch on to appropriate antibiotic as per culture report once you get your urine culture report which will be available within 72 hours after giving urine samples..

Please get prescription of above medications from your family Physician.

Ensure to take more water to keep your urine dilute.

Take rest and Vitamin supplements to have speedy recovery.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.