Have chest pain when breathing or bending. Have gastric problems. No bloating of stomach. Probable causes?

I've chest pain since the past few days. It's severe today. The central part of the chest ... where the ribs XXXXXXX .. pains ... there is no pain in the left/right side. The pain increases if i turn my head towards left/right .. More pain when i turn to right. The pain increases if i try to bend down.

It's ok (no increased pain) ... if i breathe in or out ... and, try to expand my chest.

Last thursday .. i went to the gym .. did bench press .. chest pain wasn't there much .. but, general muscle pains .. around arms, schoulders, chest muscles .. etc. But, that went off .. in 2 days. Now there is no muscle pain .. only chest pain.

What could be the probable causes. Which Doctor should i consult?

I generally have gastric problems ... more so because of my digestive system ... could this be cause here? But, digestive system has been OK .. from teh past few days. I do no have a bloated belly.

Took no medicines. Only pain relief ointment .. yesterday.
I feel my chest heavy .. at the centre .. where the chain pendant would rest.
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Guru 4 hours later

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!
Your kind of chest pain may be due to musculosketal problems or may also be due to some heart related issues rarely(as it is central in location). It is possible it may also be due to problems with digestive system such as Gastro-esophageal reflux (since you had previous gastric problems).

I want you to get a physical examination and ECG done as soon as possible though the heart related pathology in your case is rare. That is the first and foremost thing to be bothered about. You can XXXXXXX any MD General medicine doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
Wish you good health.