Have chest pain radiating to arm. Taking Omaprazole. Suffer adominal pain, nausea and vomiting. Remedy?

I have had daily intermittitent chest pain radiating to the right arm and right side of face. Began 8 weeks ago. For the first 4 weeks, pain was always 2 to 3 hours after a meal lasting almost always between 45 and 50 minutes. I began a regimen of 40 mg Omaprazole. Now pain occurs at varying times of day with greater frequency but much less duration (< 2 minutes). Cardiac issues have been ruled out by tests. Raising right arm or placing arm behind head or folding arms almost always relieves pain within 30 to 45 seconds. Deep breathing also very helpful. Sitting upright in bed at night also works. Have noted that raising right leg in shower brings on pain. Every pain at all times is right side oriented. I am 60 years old, excellent shape, no smoking, exercise 1 hr per day(elliptical), 5' 8" 175 lbs, low to moderate alcohol use, occasion spicy foods; coffee 2 cups in AM only. No GERD symptoms such as abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, change in stool or bowel habits. Am scheduled for abdominal ultrasound and upper intestinal endoscopy.
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms are consistent with Gastritis.

Detailed Answer:

Your symptoms are consistent with Gastritis / Gastric ulcer. This is the reason that you're responding well to Proton pump inhibitors like Omeprazole.

The right sided chest and arm pain are referred pain from the gastric condition.

You,re moving in the right direction by scheduling yourself for Ultrasound and endoscopy. They will help in arriving at a diagnosis.

Let me know the results of the investigation when they are available to you.

Hope the answer helps you.