Have chest infections and bronchitis. On budesonide and prednisone. Feeling worse. Breathing difficulties. What to do?

I saw my gp today and know that I have a chest infection and bronchitis, he put me ob ethromycin and budesonide and prednisone and nebuliser salbutamol but I feel I am getting worse im now spiking a temperature and really feeling poorly and my breathing is becoming very hard!
how long till the antibiotics kick in ?
im feeling dreadful
I have asthma and fibromyalgia and chronic pain syndrome
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please get evaluation by a Pulmonologist.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX After going through the query, I would like to comment the following:

1.You seem to be suffering from Bronchial asthma with secondary infection at present.

2. You need to get your bronchial asthma evaluated by a Pulmonologist since the symptoms appears to be uncontrolled at present.

3. A detailed evaluation is required which includes - clinical evaluation, chest Xray PA view, sputum examination, Pulmonary function tests (PFT) and blood counts.

4. Your asthma treatment needs to be titrated as per your airway obstruction as measured on PFT. For a bout of secondary infection , a 10 to 14 days course of antibiotic should suffice. Also if you have associated cold, that too needs to be treated.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra