Have chest infection, dry cough and mild bp. Taking ibuprofen. Found shadow on lung. Worrisome

shadow on right lung non smoker have had bad chest infection persistent dry cough mild bp take 10 mg tablet will ibuforen help the cough
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 2 hours later

Thanks for the query

I understand your concern

Cough can be due to many reasons like pneumonia, interstitial lung disease, granuloma like tuberculosis and abscess of the lung and so on. You need a CT scan of the chest to find out the exact cause of the cough. I feel that you should not take medications on empirical basis as your chest X XXXXXXX shows a shadow.
Let me know if you have any other concern

Best wishes