Have chest, back and neck pain. EKG came normal. Scheduled for a Cardiac catheterization. Lung cancer?

I have had chest, back and neck pain for past two years. March 2012 I was admitted to hospital to hospital for an abnormal EKG. 2 EKGs, X rays and stress tests later I was released. 1 year later, visited my physician for check up and back/shoulder pain. I was told that the x XXXXXXX at hospital showed a possible mass on lungs. Another x XXXXXXX was ordered and no mass was seen. I went in for a Hiatal Hernia test, which came back negative (though I had once received a diagnosis of HH (which I was told could mimic a heart attack). Fast forward, still in severe back and neck pain, and chest pain comes and goes. Another EKG done, it comes back normal.
I'm overweight, high blood pressure, quite smoking in March 2013, but was not a "heavy smoker (didn't smoke daily) and on cholesterol medicine. Monday I'm scheduled for a Cardiac catheterization to finally rule out heart disease as problem. Physician felt that it would be as reasonable to do the procedure as to not do anything else. Lung cancer still a little concern for me, but I was told that it wasn't likely. I'm at a loss if the XXXXXXX comes back okay.
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Catheterisation is the gold standard / other investigations are compared to it. / They may also test for coronary spasm, if no significant obstruction is found...

Normal angiogram practically rules out obstruction of the epicardial vessels / You may need CT scan of the Chest and Thoracic spine / as also upper GI endoscopy.

If there are no clues still, you may need Psychiatric assessment and assistance – to evaluate the role of muscle spasm caused by anxiety and so on...

You have a few risk factors and you must go for aggressive management.
The treating doctor alone can suggest based on his assessment of the situation.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck