Have chemical sensitivity, swelling, unable to sleep. Can you tell me about autolymphocyte factor treatment?

Hi, may I answer your health queries? Please type your query here.
Can you tell me about autolymphycyte factor treatment. I suffer from extreme chemical sensitivities. If I have heard are you a little depressed honey once I have heard it a hundred times. Needless to say that has been no help. My suffering has seriously increased with my new neighbors use of Chemlawns weed killing. Now extreme rashes, swelling to the point I am nearly unrecognizable. Sleep is near non existent now. Respiratory problems, Thyroid disorder my TSH is 55, a positive XXXXXXX TEST. a Blood ammonia level of 44 I had that checked do to the amount of Ammonia being the component in lawn poison that gives off Nitrogen for the fertilizer. I just read a Multiple Chemical Sensitivity treatment page online and it gave this autolymphycyte factor treatment. I wondered if anyone knows what it is. I have also heard of far infared sauna possibly helping. Please let me know.
Posted Wed, 12 Sep 2012 in Environmental and Occupational Hazards
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 3 hours later
Thanks for writing.
I do understand your concern.
It is definitely possible that you are allergic to chemicals but given a normal ammonia level, I think we should be considering other options as well ( like allergies to other substances). Since your XXXXXXX is positive, the rash could partially be contributed by an autoimmune process like lupus as well. We would need to rule that out.
As far as the anti-lymphocyte treatment is concerned ( there is nothing called a, it should not be the first option we should be considering. This treatment can destroy your lymphocytes and predispose you severe infections. There are several other treatments like avoidance,and living in a chemical free environment. Other options which have been studied in research papers include psychotherapy, biofeedback ( which about 1/2 the people find effective) and nutritional alterations ( like having a rotational diet where you keep changing the food you eat frequently and having magnesium XXXXXXX food). There is no specific scientific research which validates the effects of anti-lymphocyte treatment and infrared sauna.
Also, importantly, the hypothyroidism needs to be treated.
I hope this helps
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.