Have chalazion, showing signs of shrinking. Will this heal itself or should be surgically removed?

I have a chlazion which after two weeks is finally showing signs of shrinking and is no longer red. I had set an appt. to have it surgically removed for next Monday but would prefer to let it heal on its own if possible. Will this completely heal or will a lump remain if it is not surgically removed?
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
A chalazion is an lump in the eyelid caused by obstruction of the drainage duct of eye gland within the upper or lower eyelid.
Normally CHALAZION disappears of its own completely within few months and gets completely re absorbed in couple of years.
But if a CHALAZION creates significant symptoms like blurting of vision or if it has persisted for few weeks and bothering you cosmetically,then best would be to get it removed surgically by your ophthalmologist.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck