Have cellulitis in lower leg. Feeling numbness and tingling in foot. Is cellulitis spreading?

Nov 2013

I have cellulitis in my lower right leg and now my left leg upper feels a little different. The upper left leg feels a little numb and tingle in my foot. Did the cellulitis spread? I am on Bactrim and took my 1st dose earlier
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.
First of all, let me reassure you that the chances of cellulitis spreading is very low when you are already taking antibiotics.
Also, the symptoms on your left leg do not suggest cellulitis.
Numbness and tingling are often due to nerve involvement. The commonest reason could be a bit of pressure on the leg nerve (while sitting, sleeping, etc).
This often improves on its own in a few hours or 1-2 days.
You could take vitamin B12 supplements.
I hope it clarifies. Please get back if you have any further queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX consultant neurologist