Ask a Dentist   »  

Have cavity in teeth. Will there be any problem in replacing teeth?

I want to get replaced 2 teeth of mine, which is completely damaged by Cavity, but some one told getting yor teeth replaced( Doctor will Completely take off ur teeth from its root & will replace with new one) causes Eyes it so ?? and if not so i want to get it done. want to know the charges as well.
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Gunjan Gupta 40 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

First of all I would like to inform you that this is a myth that dental treatment will cause any eye problem.

There are so many options for decayed teeth like-
1. If crown structure is intact or not more than half of it is affected, it can be treated with root canal treatment followed by capping. Cost would be around Rs 500-1000 INR per filling.
2. If tooth is grossly decayed where cross structures are reduced, post and core can be done. Cost would be Rs 3000-4000 INR.
3. If only root stumps are left, root stumps should be removed and bridge can be used.
Bridge is artificial crown portion of the replaced teeth, which will get the support from the adjacent teeth. For bridge formation front and back adjacent teeth will be reduced for capping. Cost Rs 5000-7000 INR.
4. Removable partial denture - in this artificial tooth will be placed with a plate.
But it is not fixed; you need to clean the plate and teeth and should massage the underlying gums regularly. So I will suggest you not go for removable one and go for fixed one. Cost would be around Rs 500-1000 INR
5. Implant is also a good option if you spend little more. Cost would be around 10-20 thousand INR per implant.

Hope I have answered your query; if you have further any doubt, feel free to ask, I will be happy to help you.

Take Care
Dr. Gunjan Gupta
Follow-up: Have cavity in teeth. Will there be any problem in replacing teeth? 1 hour later
Please help Need few more clarification 1)I have got my Laparoscopy done for Uterus Tuberculosis on 05th August 2012, will there be any impact on my Health.2) For point 3 mentioned by You is it Per 5000-7000 per teeth.3) how much time it would take.4) Any discount for XXXXXXX employees.
Answered by Dr. Gunjan Gupta 31 hours later

Thanks for writing me again.

!. If your treatment for uterine tuberculosis is completed then there is no problem in dental treatment. You can consult to your doctor before dental treatment for clarification of complete tuberculosis treatment.

2. And for the treatment bridge 5000-7000 Rs is for complete bridge not single tooth. You may need 2-3 sittings too.

3. And the last point about XXXXXXX employees, if your company provides any dental insurance or reimbursement then you can get some help. It depends on your company policy.

Hope you got your answer. If you have any doubt more, I will be happy to help you.

Take Care,
Dr.Gunjan Gupta