Have cataract, intestinal lung disease, high sugar levels. Which type of surgery & Lens would be best?

My Father Aged 55 years have been diagnosed with cataract in both his eyes. He is suffering from ILD(Intestinal Lung Disease) and off late had high sugar levels. Doctor says its a side effect of a medicine Omnocortil which he is taking for last 2 years and even cataract is a side effect of it.
Can you advise which type of surgery & Lens would be best suited to him as I understand there are various types of lenses used in Cataract surgery.
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 22 hours later

The treatment for age-related cataract and steroid induced cataract is the same.
I would recommend phacoemulsification (keyhole) cataract surgery with imported hydrophobic aspheric acrylic lens (Tecnis or Acrysof IQ)

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer any furthur queries if you have any.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah