Have carotid artery problems. Feel dizziness. Suggest best medicine> Suggest fruit and vegetables?

Sir, I have carotid artery problems our age is 40 years. I am working in construction company. I feel slight dizziness alternate one or two month for 10 to 15 minute. I ask you some question that which medicine is best and which fruits and vegetables, milk are good for our health and which vitamins is best and which is not good vitamins in carotid artery problems. Before one year in angi
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please see details

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir
Most of the time cause of carotid artery stenosis is atherosclerosis. The drug therapy is indicated only when the obstruction is more that 50% with symptoms or >60% without symptoms.
1. The drugs which are useful in management of carotid artery stenosis are
a. Blood pressure lowering drugs for good control of blood pressure if you are suffering from high blood pressure.
b. Cholesterol lowering drugs, especially from statin group, to prevent build up of plaque in carotid arteries. These drugs also help in reducing already existing plaque burden.
c. The low dose aspirin to prevent future episodes of heart attacks.
You can get prescription from doctor after evaluation.
2. The diet which is helpful in such cases is includes avoiding sweets, diet low in saturated (<7% of total calorie intake) and total fat (<30% of total calorie intake), no tans-fats, diet XXXXXXX in vegetables/ fruits/ legumes and nuts. There is no proven role of vitamin therapy. Fat XXXXXXX dairy products are to be avoided however toned milk can be used. All fruits and vegetables can be taken if you are not diabetic. Avoid excessive salt/ table salt.
Hope this helps.
Feel free to discuss further.