Have carcinoid in the small intestine. What are the treatment available?

Dear Doctor,

About a week ago I asked you a question and I hope the previous email and my husband's history is kept for you to view, so I won't repeat myself. Just remind you that my husband has CARCINOID in the small intestine. My question this time will be: what do you know about this kind of alternative treatment as FRANKINCENSE oil. I know some positive reports are registered. 1-2 drops of it, mixed with honey, on a daily basis.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 32 minutes later
Thank you for your query.
Carcinoid (also carcinoid tumor) is a slow-growing type of neuroendocrine tumor originating in the cells of the neuroendocrine system.
Surgery, if feasible, is the only curative therapy
In some studies an enriched extract of "Indian Frankincense" (usually Boswellia serrata) was used in a randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled study of patients with osteoarthritis. Patients receiving the extract showed significant improvement in their arthritis in as little as seven days.
In a study published in 2009, it was reported that "Frankincense oil appears to distinguish cancerous from normal bladder cells and suppress cancer cell viability.
But I have yet to find its use in Carcinoid tumors.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing your husband a healthy life.
Have a nice day.
Follow-up: Have carcinoid in the small intestine. What are the treatment available? 5 minutes later
Dear Doctor XXXXXXX

If you find any news about how to apply F. oil in Carcinoid tumor treatment, I appreciate any information.

Thank you very much.
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 3 minutes later
Madam i appreciate your concern.
At this moment I do not have any specific knowledge of its method of application.
Kindly consult an ayurvedic or a doctor of alternative medicine.