Have cancer sore on labia, cold sore on mouth. Using hydrocortizone. Is this contagious?

Question
I have what I believe is a canker sore on my labia. It only lasted a couple days because I put hydrocortizone cream on it, which MAJORly helped. It was very painful like a canker sore, was only one and did not weep or scab. However, it never got the white cover on it...that I saw. I get canker sores as well as cold sores on my mouth and this highly resembled canker sore. 1) Can I be fairly certain this is what it was? 2) Is a canker sore contagious?
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 43 minutes later
hello,
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic. Im happy to answer your query.

1. Can I be fairly certain this is what it was? Yes, your symptom of painful single sore which heals without scab suggests canker sore. Moreover you have history of oral sores as well. It is double confirmatory of canker sore. There is no confirmatory diagnostic investigation for the same. Biopsy is indicated if sore persists for more than 2 weeks.

2. Is a canker sore contagious? No, canker sore is not contagious. It occurs due to stress, vitamin deficiency, constipation and low body immunity.

I would like to suggest following precautions.
1.Choose healthy foods. This help to prevent nutritional deficiencies, eat plenty of fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
2.Follow good oral hygiene habits.
3.Reduce your stress by yoga, XXXXXXX breathing and meditation.
4.Folic acid and vitamin supplements.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask for further clarifications
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Have cancer sore on labia, cold sore on mouth. Using hydrocortizone. Is this contagious? 7 minutes later
Thank you

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 9 minutes later
Thanks for your prompt reply. It's my pleasure to answer the query. Wish you good health.