Have callagenous colitis and have gall stones. Have diarrhea, nausea and lower bowel pain. Suggest?

General Surgeon

I have callagenous colitis and many decades ago a GI doc identified that I have a few gallstones. I am 55 year old femael (and a nurse). The meds. I take are coumadin (am a Factor V and II), celexa, asthma inhalers).

I have diarreah, nasea and lower bowel pain on the left and right regions after ingesting any/all fatty meals. Immodium does not help and the stool is watery and loose, very different than when my colitis acts up?
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Crohn's Disease
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chronic pancreatitis or Crohns flare up.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

You can not expect that the symptoms will be the same with every flare up. Generally symptoms depends of the inflammation localization.
Now, your symptoms are either another flare up or (if you are certain its something else) by pancreas inflammation. Due to gallstones which could migrate to the bile ducts, pancreas ducts could get obstructed what can lead to its inflammation.
Fat intolerance, loose stools and abdominal pain are typical chronic pancreatitis symptoms.
As you are Crohns patient, you should have colonoscopy every 2 years. I suggest you to have this test done. In a meanwhile you should also have liver tests, amylase, lipase, urine amylase and abdominal CT done. If the flare up will be ruled out and there will be any pancreas changes in the CT, chronic pancreatitis can be diagnosed.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.