Have caliectasis and cyst in kidney. Urine test showed elevated neutrophils. Should I consult nephrologist?

I have a simple kidney cyst 6.5cm on my right kidney and a caliectasis in the lower pole of my left kidney where I had a cyst last year. My PCP didn't mention anything about either. should I follow up with a Nephrologist. He did refer me to My GI due to an echogenic focus on the liver which may be related to a hemangioma. I have a PMH of PBC and My LFT's were only slightly elevated. All other labs were normal CBC and basic metabolic panel. Urine only showed elevated neutrophils.
Posted Mon, 22 Oct 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query

Simple kidney cysts are usually harmless and often ignored until they become symptomatic that is why you PCP didn't mentioned about it. The caliectasis appeared is also non-significant until symptomatic and self resolves with adequate hydration. Therefore it is suggested to carry on with your current problem with GI doctor as your priority should be the chronic problem.

If you still have some queries, feel free to ask