Have burst blood vessels in eye. Have overweight issues. Suggest cure?

I have burst blood vessels in my eye. I have concerns regarding age & overweight related issues. I am 5'9", 195 lbs. and 53 years old.
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 56 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

It can sometimes be difficult to lose weight or to keep weight off once it is gone.

Increased weight can be associated with problems such as (1)headaches, (2)obstructive sleep apnoea where a persons has episodes during sleep where they may stop breathing for a few seconds. There would be a history of snoring or daytime sleepiness
(3)high blood pressure, high cholesterol, increased risk of heart disease and stroke
(4)joint pain and muscle aches
(6)fatty liver disease which is now one of the most common causes of liver failure

There are different diets that can be used to lose weight , the low fat diet and the low carbohydrate diet.
There is faster initial weight loss with the low carb diet and recent studies have shown that persons are more likely to keep the weight off.

In this diet a persons can use as much protein as they want whether it is animal or plant protein (if vegetarian) but must restrict carbohydrates.Any amount is fine.
This means no sodas or fruit drinks
It also means reducing the use of bread/biscuits/most breakfast cereals/pasta/flour products/rice.

Meals would be salad or vegetables with the protein (in any amount).

If you can lose weight , it would decrease the risk of any complications or issues in the future.

Exercise is important, it helps mainly in heart and general health and also helps to keep the weight off once you have lost it.
IN the first few weeks of the diet , it may be best not to exercise, to give your body a chance to adjust to the diet changes.

In terms of the burst vessels in the eye, this can occur spontaneously or due to other causes.
In spontaneous cases, there is no known cause and it resolves on its own.

the other causes are:trauma to the eye, severe high blood pressure, blood disorder, vomiting, straining.

Redness of the eyes can also be due to infection or inflammation of some aspect of the eye.

It may be best to get the eye evaluated by your doctor, medical eye drops may be required.These are prescription medications.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions