Have bursitis on hip. Taken cortisone shots and Ultram. Any other medicine?

Jul 2016

im still trying to get my father some relief for his bursitis, on the outside of his hip. he has been to several docters ,but they have shot him several times with a cortasone shot but to no avail.his family doctor took him of his narcotic pain meds and givrn ultram, which has made his pain worse.the res his doctor took him off his meds was becouse he got constipated. is there any other shots that can be introduced or anything i have not tryed? please read all my entries about my father that i have reported to you befor responding back please. steve
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 34 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.

In my reply earlier I have suggested to give him Ibuprofen which is comparatively safe pain killer given in elderly patients.Any pain killers at this age are to be given with cautious as they are not well tolerated by old people.

Please try this one if you have not given him so far.

Pain killers of narcotic group of drugs are known to have side effects of constipation .

Please give stool softener like Isabgol or Liquid paraffin in the evening .

Please change his diet which should include leafy vegetables,spouted cereals and fruits
Avoid meat and non vegetarian food.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you.