Have burning sensation when urinating, lower back pain near kidneys. No UTI and no kidney stone. What else?

I am a 36 year old white female. My symptoms are burning when urinating and my lower back is hurting near my kidneys. I thought I had a uti so I went my doctor and he took a urine sample and said that I don't have a uti. He was not sure what is wrong with me. He said no kidney stones because no blood in urine. I don't know what is wrong with me and I need help.
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It seems like kidney stones in development.

Detailed Answer:

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to help you.

It seems like you may be having , stone in kidney since you were tested for UTI and the reports came negative.

The pain in the flanks is associated with stone in kidney some time times their may be an abscess.

You will need a ULTRASOUND OF kidney to see for the presence of stone, simply no blood in urine is not a measure for ruling out the possibility. About 30 % of reported case with stone do not have blood in urine.

I would advice you to have an ultrasound of kidney needs to be done.

Thanks for the query, Please feel free to contact me in case of any concerns.