Have burning sensation on tip of penis. STD negative. Prescribed triamcinolone acetonide cream. What is causing irritation?

General Surgeon
Question
Hi. I have a slight burning sensation in the tip of my penis and sometimes in the inside. My doctor tested me for std's and everything was negative. I went back a few weeks later and got tested again and everything was negative. The pain went away for about a week, but just recently came back after using a certain lotion. I was given triamcinolone acetonide cream 0.025%. Do you know what might be causing this irritation. It's not extreme, but pretty annoying. My penis seems red also, and the tip seems darker in color.
Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 1 hour later
Hi ! I am Dr Shareef answering your query.

Can you please elaborate for what reason you had used the lotion? It is possibly an allergic reaction to the constituents of the lotion. Triamcinolone acetate will control the inflammatory reaction caused by the irritant in the solution. You can discuss with your doctor for adding an anti allergic, an appropriate antibiotic and anti fungal as well.

In the mean while, you should avoid any sexual activity till it is healed. And keep the area clean with proper hygiene.

Wishing you an early recovery.

Follow-up: Have burning sensation on tip of penis. STD negative. Prescribed triamcinolone acetonide cream. What is causing irritation? 4 hours later
It was just body lorion that I put all over. Can i use antifungal cream at the same time as the prescribed cream%3F

Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 6 hours later
Hi there ! Thanks for your response, but I am unable to make out what you mean by %3F cream. Please write in detail for enabling me to answer your query. Dr Shareef.

Follow-up: Have burning sensation on tip of penis. STD negative. Prescribed triamcinolone acetonide cream. What is causing irritation? 14 minutes later

Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 13 minutes later
Hi ! Yes - you can use an antifungal in addition to the triamcenolone cream, which is a local corticosteroid cream which helps to control the inflammatory process and also controls the pruritus as an anti allergic also.

I hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Thanks
wishing you good luck.