Ask a Urologist   »  

Have burning sensation on penis tip, pain when urinating and trickling. Have diverticulitis and pain in passing stool

I have frequent burning sensation of the penis tip, i have pain when urinating and when I do its only a trickle, I als have aproblem with the colon I have a problem passing stools and gas I also suffer from diverticulosis. The burning pain in the penis is worse when I am constipated and have gas. In fact Pain releases when I pass gas and at times I have no pain at all and I urinate normally.

Could it be that this is a side effect of the colon condition. And what would be the treatment? Can it be an infection of the bladder?

Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 1 hour later
Thanks for the query

Burning pain during urination may be indicative of urethritis (infection of urinary passage) or urinary bladder problems like bladder diverticula

Sometimes diverticulosis of Gastrointestinal tract may be associated with bladder diverticula

You should consult with an urologist and/or gastroenterologist who is likely to advise urine culture and sensitivity, urethroscopy, and do local examination.

It may be bladder infection, if so, it should improve with appropriate antibiotic treatment

Hope this address your concern. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Wish you good health