Have burning sensation in vagina after having sex. Allergic to waxing products. Looking for cure

Question
Sometimes (not all the time) but sometimes, when I have sex with my husband it burns right at the opening of my vagina. I recently discovered that I am allergic to the products that I use when waxing so it's been almost a month since I used it. But the problem has still happened about 2x since then.
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXX,thanks for writing to Healthcare magic.The cause for burning at the vaginal opening may be a local boil or eroded area,It may be allergy to any sexual aid like jelly, perfume, condom etc.Such problem can be due to local infection also.Better idea would be that get the local physical examnation to ascertain the cause.

Follow-up: Have burning sensation in vagina after having sex. Allergic to waxing products. Looking for cure 16 minutes later
Should I go to my gyno or my general physician

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 7 hours later
Hi XXXXXX,You should go to the gynecologist preferably, during local examination she can do per speculum vaginal inspection if needed.One important piece of information is that such symptoms can occur due to local friction during vigorous sexual activity particularly if your foreplay is short and you do not make enough local lube.If this is the case then you should increase the foreplay and also use KY jelly to comfort the act.Wish you a great health.

Follow-up: Have burning sensation in vagina after having sex. Allergic to waxing products. Looking for cure 1 hour later
Thank u

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 24 hours later
Hi XXXXXX,
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic!
Wish you a great health in coming times.
I hope I have advised you upto your satisfaction.