Ask a Urologist   »  

Have burning sensation in tip of penis with no discharge, odor and pain. Cause?

What does it mean when you have a burning sensation in tip of penis with no discharge odor and it doesn't hurt when you pee?
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

It means inflammation of either glans secondary to infection / irritant / other factors or the urethra. The causes depend on the duration of symptoms - acute / chronic.

Most acute causes are benign and are amenable to treatment. Chronic condition however will need detailed evaluation.

Hope this information suffices. If you wish to learn more, I would like you to provide me a detailed account of the problem.