Ask a Urologist   »  

Have burning sensation at penis tip and urge to urinate constantly. Any advice?

Sep 2012

I am 25 years old man and healthy. From last 4-5 days i started to have the urge to urinate constantly, about every 15-20 minutes i would have to get up to use the washroom, but when i attempted to urinate i couldnt. While peeing For first time normal flow and then after that almost nothing comes out. Also there is little burning sensation at top of my penis all the time. it's not painful but uncomfortable. Color of the urine is normal. i don't see any other symptom. Please advise.
Posted Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 20 minutes later
Thank you for posting a query.

The symptoms you told indicates most probably presence of urine examination.
2.     Consult with a general physician first with the report or send it to me. If there is presence of infection, you should take some broad spectrum antibiotic like ciprofloxacin. Along with it, you should take an antispasmodic agent to reduce pain, if any.
3.     Take plenty of water.
4.     If the report indicates absence of infection but your symptoms are persistent, then you should consult a nephrologist.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more query.