Have burning sensation and swelling on labia vaginal area. Used desonide cream and hydrocortisone, no relief. Suggest?

Dec 2012

i have burning sensation and swelling on labia vaginal area since last ten days its like skin lost its elasticity .i went to my physician and there is no infection .I used hydrocortisone and desonide cream but everything stays same except that burning increases.please advice
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later

I am Dr. Nsah and I am pleased to be able to assist you.
From your description you are presenting with an inflammation of the labia majora and my impression is that it is likely of infectious origin. Allergic reaction will need to be excluded.
You will require oral treatment as opposed to a local treatment to get rid of the burning sensation, swelling and possible the infection which caused it. Oral NSAID + antibiotics might be able to take care of this.
Also you will need to be reviewed by a gynobs.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any further questions.
Dr. Nsah