Have burning and itching on outer face on jaw and pain in ear. What could it be?

ENT Specialist
I have burning and itching on outer face on jaw and pain in ear and started itching today.I also do not feel well do you have any suggestions on what it could be?
I went primary care Ent and dentist all sent me to each dentist pulled tooth but doesn't think it could have been tooth after pulling it no teeth were hurting ent suggested to remove molar on left side only molar left. Jaw and ear hurting for 4 weeks. Tooth pulled and ear still hurting now itching
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 57 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. The burning and itching pain in the jaw and the ear could ne a Trigeminal Neuralgia.

2. Get your ears examined. If they are normal and this is a referred pain, then this is most likely a referred pain due toa neuralgia.

3. Since you ar ealready on gapabentin which is for neuropathic pain, you may request your physician to change to amitriptylline (Tryptomer) or carbamazepine (Tegretol).

4. Another possibility is that the tramdol is causing the unwell, feeling (nausea) and the itching sensation.

5. You should also have a revaluation for any recurrence of the thyroid cancer.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.