Have bumps on tongue. Suspected for coldsores. Prescribed lozenges. Any effective cure?

ENT Specialist
Hi... my name is XXXXXX... so my tongue has like a million bumps on it... the ones on the front half of my tongue are white.. and on the back going almost all the way down my throat are the color of my tongue... and it is also cracked pretty bad on the end at the top.. and on both sides where it touches my teeth... the right side is worse than the left... my tongue isn't swollen... but it is hard to eat... and most stuff burns it when I drink too.. I can't find any info or pics of what I got online... and my Dr said it might be coldsores? But from what I saw of them... its not.. (he did this over the phone) he prescribed me lozenges that he said will makw it feel better and heal it... but they don't work...
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 50 minutes later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding bumps and crackes on your tongue, and difficulty in taking food. You have also notice white color on anterior part of tongue.

Considering your symptoms it appears as most likely you are suffering from-

(a) Oral candidiasis.

(b) Glossitis.

(c) Dyspeptic ulcers.

You may take these medication for immidiate relief-

(1) Antibiotic- Ofloxacillin (200 mg) twice daily.

(2) Anti inflammatory & analgesic.

(3) Mouth wash and gargling with antiseptic solution like betadine.

(4) Local application of boroglycerine over tongue.

I hope this will help you, If after this much you feel any problem than ENT consultation will be necessary for examination and further treatment.