Have bumps on knuckles of fingers. Should I be concerned?

Dec 2012

I have two bumps on knuckles of two fingers. They feel like bruises. Cause for concern?
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 15 minutes later

Thanks for posting on this forum,

It would have been good if I could lay eyes on the bumps you are obviously worried about so that I could try to determine the possible cause for it. Is it possible to get a pic? Bumps on the knuckles with the feeling of bruising could be due to multiple cellulitis or arthritis (early stage even though not very specific). They could be cysts formed there too.
If you are generally healthy and have no particular family medical history. You may apply antiinflammatory cream (topical) on it and see if it gets better. If it persist, then I suggest you XXXXXXX a doctor to take a close look at it and examine it.

Hope this helps you
Dr Nsah
Follow-up: Have bumps on knuckles of fingers. Should I be concerned? 36 minutes later
Thanks Dr. XXXXXXX Picture to follow.
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 minute later
You are welcome,
Will be looking forward to seeing the picture.

Best wishes
Dr Nsah