Have bumps on hand. Could it be common warts?

Hi there. I'm a healthy 28 year old male. I have two bumps on my right hand toward my wrist near my thumb that I would like examined. They have been present for a year with no pain or anything, they're just "there XXXXXXX I thought they could be common warts but they do not have the appearance of warts, do not appear to be rooted under the skin and did not respond to 2 weeks of over the counter acid wart treatment. In fact, all the wart treatment did was irritate all the surrounding skin, which you'll see in the photos. Any input is appreciated. It could even be scarring from splashing water on the stove. Who knows. Thank you!
Posted Sun, 20 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 4 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Ive gone through your history and the images uploaded.The bumps appear to be common warts or scars from the burn.
The possibility of warts is more.
The fact that they didnt respond to OTC wart preparation warrants other treatment like excision or Radiofrequency ablation/cauterization.
A more close up photographs would be required more certain opinion.
Hope this helps.
MD dermatologist.
Follow-up: Have bumps on hand. Could it be common warts? 16 minutes later

Good to hear from you. I am always glad when you are the one answering my skin queries. I have taken 6 photos with my regular camera, as opposed to my phone, that show the bumps much better. Keep in mind the skin is very dry and might give the appearance of a wart just from that but the look of the skin is consistent on and off the bumps. The only difference is the skin is raised. They do not look like any type of wart I have ever had on my hand and usually these always respond to treatment. Thanks again for your help. By the way, I have always meant to tell you, your suit you're wearing in your photo is awesome! I have one just like it.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Hi again,
Thanks for writing back and your complement.
The new photographs are much better visualized. They can be keloidal scars as the surface is not warty. Then the treatment would defer and intra lesional steroid injection would be required.
It is an office procedure.It is done at dermatology clinics .A topical steroid and salicylic acid preparation can also be useful.
Also I would like what were the contents of topical anti wart solution.and for how many days you have applied the solution?
Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Have bumps on hand. Could it be common warts? 11 hours later
This is the wart product I have always used for common warts: WWW.WWWW.WW
It is salicylic acid. I used it for nearly 2 weeks, the entire box. The bumps turned white, but so did most of the skin around it. A layer of them flaked off but I think it was just the top layer of skin and nothing wart related. This being based solely off of my experience with 2 previous common warts (which is not much).
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 16 hours later
Hi again,
Thanks for the details.
Non response to the salicylic based preparation suggests it is probably not wart.

It can be a hypertrophic scar or keloid.Intralesional steroid injection would melt it in a week or two.Most commonly used steroid is triamcilonone. One shot of it will be enough for treating the bumps.It would be done at dermatology clinic.

Hope this helps.