Have bumps on anus, mild chest pain and feeling constipated. Noticed blood in stool. What's going on?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
i have a bump on my anus when i go to the washroom it doesnt hurt but it really scares me and im also constipated im also having mild chest pains everytime i drink anything ive been taking hot showers for the chest pain it seems to work and the pain goes away when i burp my stool when i do go is like a normal looking colour ive olny seen blood once on the toilet paper it was a little tiny bit and this has been going on for 3 days now
Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 14 minutes later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.
Based on the description, there are two possibilities.
1. Haemorrhoids or piles- in this case, veins in the area become dilated and may come out of anus and sometimes bleed. Usually painless.
2. Rectal prolapse- in this condition, a lump seems to protrude out of anus, which is often painless.
Both these conditions are well treatable. Sometimes, surgery may be required. Please consult a general or gastro surgeon for evaluation and treatment.
I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Follow-up: Have bumps on anus, mild chest pain and feeling constipated. Noticed blood in stool. What's going on? 3 minutes later
what about the chest pains does it have a connection to the piles or constipation ?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 minutes later
Thank you for getting back.
Chest pain has no connection with piles.
The likely causes can be a bit of acidity or gas, which could be related or unrelated to constipation.
A course of rabeprozole or pantoprozole may be helpful if symptoms are more like burning pain in the chest.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Follow-up: Have bumps on anus, mild chest pain and feeling constipated. Noticed blood in stool. What's going on? 18 hours later
my anus is closed tight i cant even go to the washroom i can pass gass but i cant go to the washroom still this has been going on for 2 days now

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 4 hours later
Thank you for getting back with more details.
If you have constipation, you can take syrup lactulose 30 ml at bed time. This would be useful.
You can wait till you see your doctor. No need to worry at present.
Please get back if you have any more queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM