Have bump on the left side of neck at the area of the adam's apple. What is this?

Hi, i have a bump on the left side of my XXXXXXX XXXXXXX I get allergies and when my throat is scratchy i push on it likea pressure point and the pain goes away. Is it something bad? YYYY@YYYY
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later

The left side of Neck at the area of the Adam's XXXXXXX is sub mandibular lymph-nodes and parotid gland a litter backward to it.

The lymph nodes enlargement is common which occurs mostly due to infections like throat infections, tonsils, adenoids and tuberculosis, sometimes the lymphadenopathy is idiopathic that is without any cause and sometimes it may be due to diseases like cancers but mostly its benign enlargement.

The description you have provided is most likely due to throat infection or allergies you have got. Visit to your doctor as you may require antibiotic cover, if the sizes progressively enlarges, then seek immediate medical assistance.

If you still have queries, feel free to ask.