Have bump on nose for long time. What could be this?

i have a bump that grew over the past 8 months and there is a little behind the big one on the side of my nose
Posted Sun, 27 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 18 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.Ive gone through the image.
The condition can be keloidal scar ,sebaceous cyst, granuloma pyogenicum,basal cell carcinoma etc.
Also I would like to know-
How did it start?
How was the growth sudden or very gradual ?
Is there any bleeding/discharge ?
What is the consistency of the swelling? Soft firm hard?
Is your skin oily ?do you /have suffered from acne?
Can u upload better photographs?
Answer the questions and upload the photographs and we can continue the discussion here.
Dr Sudarshan
Follow-up: Have bump on nose for long time. What could be this? 6 minutes later
i believe it started out as a really small bump and got bigger over the last 8 months,i tried to put tea tree oil on if for two weeks and that made it bigger. i always had oily skin and have roscea on my nose.. its not super hard but not soft like a blister,doesnt hurt,no bleeding or pussing
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 8 hours later
Hi again ,
Ive gone through the details and images provided.
The slow growing and non pus containing bump with oily skin suggests sebaceous cyst or sebaceous gland swelling.
The swelling can be removed by a minor procedure at dermatology clinic .It is better to take a visit with your dermatologist to ascertain the diagnosis and go for treatment.drug treatment is less likely to be effective.You can make appointment with your doctor at your convenience.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.
Follow-up: Have bump on nose for long time. What could be this? 10 hours later
you dont think its basal cell carcinoma??
in the pic i just sent,you can see there is a small one behind the big one
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 13 hours later
HI again,
going by the history and image uploaded it does not appear to be Basal cell carcinoma.It is most likely a benign sebaceous gland tumor.
Early treatment will ensure uneventful recovery without scar.
Hope this clears the issue.