Have bump inside anus. Have had acid reflex. Not on medication. Suggest?

Anus BumpI am a male, weight is about 275, height is 6' 1", and i have a concern about a bump that i feel when i wipe my bottum. It is either inside the anus or gets pushed out from useing the bathroom. I am currently not useing any medication. I have had acid reflux for years now and now i am taking dexilant.
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 21 minutes later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

There could be various causes for this.

Most important and common one is Hemorrhoids or commonly called piles.
They are caused because of constipation, lack of fiber in the diet etc.
They may protrude out at the time of passing stool initially. During later stages they protrude out and can be reduced manually. Further later they cannot be reduced manually and protrude all the time.
Some times they bleed.
Initial treatment includes avoiding constipation, consuming a fibrous diet, etc.
Some times surgical intervention may be required.

Rectal prolapse, warts, polyps may present like this.

Only a physical examination will help in identifying the exact diagnosis.

Hope I answered your query.
Follow-up: Have bump inside anus. Have had acid reflex. Not on medication. Suggest? 27 minutes later
would i go to my normal doctor for the examination or a speacialist
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 6 hours later

Thanks for your reply.

A initial examination by your doctor should help in identifying the cause. Then he can refer to the surgical specialist.

A surgical specialist deals with them and there should not be any problem if you go them directly also.