Have bump in throat and hard to swallow. Could it be allergy or STD?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
I went to my doctor about a week ago about bumps on my throat that have been there for about 6 weeks now. He said that it was just allergies. how ever i forgot to mention to him that ive been sexually active. could this just be allergies, or a std ?

Again they have been on my throat for 6 weeks now. i Don't feel pain just a little hard to swallow, and i feel like i have somthing stuck in my throat. Its more of a annoyance then pain.
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.

I must appreciate the fact that you uploaded the pictures, as it helps a lot.

First of all, let me reassure you that they don't look like a STD.

The symptoms and clinical photograph are more suggestive of a pharyngitis due to bacterial infection.

I would recommend a course of antibiotics such as Augmentin duo (amoxycillin plus clavulinic acid) for a week, along with anti-inflammatory medicines such as ibuprofen or diclofenac.

I hope it was helpful. Please get back if you have any more queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Follow-up: Have bump in throat and hard to swallow. Could it be allergy or STD? 19 hours later
So should I go back to my doctor and ask him to reevaluate me?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 minutes later

I think its a good idea to go to the doctor for check up and re-evaluation.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM