Have bump above clitoris and tenderness in vagina. Could this be an STD?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I have a small bump above my clitoris that is sore and peeling. There is only one bump, but my vagina is tender as well. Could this be an STD??
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Hello

Thanks for your query. Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have bump above clitoris and you do have tenderness in vagina.

Most likely this is due to infection of the vagina and genitals following unprotected sex.

It is difficult to make comments about acquiring STD. You have to get your blood test done to rule out the same.

Take some antibiotics like Augmentin along with some anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily.

Get prescription of these drugs from your family Physician.

Hope I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil..