Have bruising on right hip and abdomen after a fall. What is the treatment?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I had a fall a week ago down some stairs. I landed on my right side and have visible brusing on my right hip and on my abdomen on the back side. The one on the back side is hard. I am assuming just a hematoma? But, I have had some crazy symptoms lately and just thought it was stress. I have no appetite, tired, twitching of muscles and I noticed some leakage out of my female parts and a not so pleasent smell. I had showered that morning and it came on by mid afternoon. I am concerned that I might have damaged my kidney in the fall. What are some symptoms I should be concerned with? Also, my stool is very dark.
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical history carefully and I would suggest as following: - bruising and hematoma are normal symptoms during such falls as long as they are not associated with symptoms like fatigued, bleeding (visual) and losing consciousness. - leakage from the genitalia could be related to either ovulation or infection. I suggest to do vaginal swab testing and culture for candida. - if I was your caring doctor would ask for an abdominal ultrasound and urine analysis to rule out any internal bleeding or hematoma or other problems (including damage to the kidneys). - I'd also suggest to do fecal occult blood to exclude bleeding from gastrointestinal tract. - your stool might have become dark perhaps due to the food you have consumed (greens,etc.) or being constipated. Hope it answered to your concerns! If you have further questions, do not hesitate to write me back at the next follow up! Dr.Bardha