Have bruised sensation on inner thigh, but no swelling and bruise. Having stomach pain. What could it be?

Pediatrician
Question
Hello, I have a bruised sensation on my inner thigh, just came out of nowhere. But there is no bruise or swelling in the area. What could it be? I will pay you for two questions as well, but I have a second question, for the last three months I have been having excruciating pain in my stomach in the area of my Large intestine. it comes and goes unexpectedly and lasts for about 2 hours every other week. My bowels move through me very quickly. i have no idea where to go to get this checked out.
Posted Thu, 30 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 2 hours later

Thank you for your query. I shall try to guide you for both of your queries.

I presume that the bruised sensation in the thigh and the excruciating pain in the abdomen are both on the left side. Do you have any burning in your urine?

I suggest that you get yourself examined by your doctor and request for the following investigations:
1. Urine routine
2. Ultrasound of the whole abdomen especially KUB region.
It is quite likely that you have an ureteric colic on the left side which can explain both the excrutiating pain in the abdomen and the sensation in the inner thigh.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal
http://goo.gl/SuCjl

Follow-up: Have bruised sensation on inner thigh, but no swelling and bruise. Having stomach pain. What could it be? 2 hours later
yes unfortunately, I do and it's going away slightly. I have been drinking a lot of chlorophyll and cranberry juice to fight the infection and that's working, but um, is this an std, or the result of one? I just want to make sure this isn't contagious or anything.

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 15 minutes later

Thank you for the update.

From what you have written I make it out that you are having an urine infection. Have you got the following investigations done:
1. Urine routine
2. Urine culture and sensitivity test.
Had you shared the reports it would have been better for me to guide you.

Urine infection is not contagious but needs to be treated aggressively in ladies to prevent its recurrence and subsequent effects on the kidneys. If you have not consulted a doctor then please do so.

I hope I have clarified your doubts.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Rajiv

Follow-up: Have bruised sensation on inner thigh, but no swelling and bruise. Having stomach pain. What could it be? 4 minutes later
Thank You Dr. XXXXXXX

Have a great day.

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 2 minutes later

I am happy that I have provided you the right guidance. Please do take care.

In case you intend closing the query then do give your review.

Wishing you an early recovery.

Rajiv