Have bruise on stomach, sore feels like lump. Had a stroke. Could this be blood clot?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I Have A Bruise Left Side Stomach Sore Feels Like Small Lump In IT I Have Not Injured It I Had A Stroke Last Year Could This Be A BLood Clot?
I Also Feel Very Nauseated For Two Days.
Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 34 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your query.
There are few possible causes but it doesnt sound anything serious. It can be broken vein of abdominal wall or trauma that you didnt notice. Primary blood clots arent usually found in this area but broken vein and traumatic bruise lead to clot formation.
You should apply some heparine gel on it or cold compresses and I suggest to do certain testing if this persists more than 1 week. First,check your basic blood tests including INR, prothrombine time and clotting factors. This would rule out clotting abnormalities. Secondly you should do ultrasound of this lump and needle aspiration if necessary to verify is this vein, liquid or some subcutaneous lesion such as lipoma, fibroma or even small hernia.
Only hernia could be related to your nausea, because all these other disorders shouldnt affect your digestion. ALso it doesnt need to be related to this lump, it can be caused by gastritis and gallbladder issue so more detailed gastroenterologist examination should be performed if you consider this nausea as problematic.
WIsh you good health. If you have any question I ll be glad to help.