Have bruise on arm and noticed lump underneath. Is this normal?

I had a bruise on my arm last week & noticed a lump underneath. The bruise is almost faded; it's now a very light yellow. The lump is still there. Is this normal? The lump isn't painful. How long should I expect the lump to remain or when should I see my doctor?
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Thank for your query.

I would like to know how did the bruise appear initially
Did you have any sort of trauma which caused the bruise ?
Did the lump appear soon after the area was bruised ?
Have you applied any medication to the affected site ?

Waiting for your reply,
Follow-up: Have bruise on arm and noticed lump underneath. Is this normal? 7 hours later
I really don't remember what caused the bruise. It isn't at all unusual for me to bump into something & get a bruise, so I'm sure that's what happened here. It's generally because I walked into a piece of furniture, etc. The lump did appear soon after the bruise. I haven't used any type of medication on the area.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

Thanks for the information.

Based on your history I suspect the lesion to be a Erythema or an Ecchymosis followed by a wheal.If it is recurrent and it happens without any explainable reason then it could be sign of n underlying illness.

I would like to have a look at the lesion.Please do attach an image of the lesion here so that I can understand the condition better and be specific in my opinion.

Waiting for your response,