Have bruise marks on upper legs and groin area. There is no pain. Should I be concerned?

I have bruise marks on my upper legs and groin area. It looks like finger scratches but there is no scratches, and no pain. Should I be worried?
Posted Fri, 15 Jun 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Hi ,

Thanks for writing in.

Lesions you are describing may be insect bite ,purpura, pigmented purpuric dermatitis,Intertrigo etc.

If you will describe the skin lesions in terms of duration of lesions/ onset/ number/exact site/ flat or raised / itchy or non itchy it will be helpful in predicting the condition.
Are you on any medications /oral contraceptive pills presently?
Is this the first time you are having these marks?

Please answer the above questions and I would be in better position to help you.
Also photos of the affected area under good light will be helpful. You can upload them by using the feature on right hand side of the page.

Anticipating your reply.

Dr Sudarshan